-   -   I can't get a drop down list when a do a right click on a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76211-i-cant-get-drop-down-list-when-do-right-click-cell.html)

csanchez

I can't get a drop down list when a do a right click on a cell

When I am in Excel and do a right mouse click I do not see the drop down list
that shows the available commands (i.e. cut, copy, etc.).

Gord Dibben

I can't get a drop down list when a do a right click on a cell

Perhaps your right-click has been altered by a macro you ran.

Hit ALT + F11 to go to the VBEditor.

Then ViewImmediate Window.

Copy/paste this line into the window and hit <enter

Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True

OR copy/paste this sub to a module and run it.

Sub reset()
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
End Sub

Do you now have a right-click menu?

If so, I would start looking for what disabled it in the first place.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:39:08 -0800, csanchez
wrote:

When I am in Excel and do a right mouse click I do not see the drop down list
that shows the available commands (i.e. cut, copy, etc.).

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

csanchez

I can't get a drop down list when a do a right click on a cell

That fixed the problem. It must have been altered by a macro because it
started happening after running a macro. Thanks!