-   -   Excel won't let me cut and paste a jpeg into the spreadsheet. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76201-excel-wont-let-me-cut-paste-jpeg-into-spreadsheet.html)

RickS

Excel won't let me cut and paste a jpeg into the spreadsheet.

Every time I try to cut and paste a small jpeg into a spreadsheet I get the
following error message "Microsoft Excel cannot paste the data." I've tried
inserting it as a picture and nothing shows up. It seems like there is some
sort of protection preventing me from completing this action. I've looked
under Tools, Protection and I haven't been able to overcome the problem. Any
suggestions?

wjohnson

Excel won't let me cut and paste a jpeg into the spreadsheet.

With EXCEL OPEN - Do a INSERT - PICTURE - FROM FILE. I am using EXCEL
2000 and it works. I am unable to "PASTE" the file into Excel - I have
to do the INSERT procedure, (my paste is "grayed out) for the paste
function.

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29640