-   -   Time Weighted Return Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76192-time-weighted-return-function.html)

Greg

Time Weighted Return Function

I have a series of returns (%ages) in rows E1208:E1297 and am trying to link
them up to a time weighted return. The formula I'm trying to create is as
follow:
[(1+r1)*(1+r2)*(1+r3)*.....(1+rN)]-1.

r1 = E1208
r2 = E1209 ....Etc until I get to E1297

Does someone know how I can do this with a formula?
Please advise.
Thanks in advance!!

B. R.Ramachandran

Time Weighted Return Function

Hi,

See whether the following formula is what you want:

=PRODUCT(1+E1208:E1297)-1

Confirm with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Greg" wrote:

I have a series of returns (%ages) in rows E1208:E1297 and am trying to link
them up to a time weighted return. The formula I'm trying to create is as
follow:
[(1+r1)*(1+r2)*(1+r3)*.....(1+rN)]-1.

r1 = E1208
r2 = E1209 ....Etc until I get to E1297

Does someone know how I can do this with a formula?
Please advise.
Thanks in advance!!

Ardus Petus

Time Weighted Return Function

=PRODUCT(E1208:E1297+1)-1

Validate with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, as this is a matrix formula

HTH
--
AP