-   -   Vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76100-vlookup.html)

MD2005

Vlookup

Is there way to control the match result in the lookup formula.
Basically, there could be five results that meet the match criteria.
Is there a way I could control the number in which the lookup pull the
informaiton

--
MD2005
MD2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32285

Westaradg

Vlookup

Some clarification on your page design, and the type of information contained
in your cells would help some.
This link may assist you, http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html
It shows how to use the (lookup formulas) and how to combine them with (if
statements) if necessary. You may also need to limit the cell range of your
lookup formula.

"MD2005" wrote:
Is there way to control the match result in the lookup formula.
Basically, there could be five results that meet the match criteria.
Is there a way I could control the number in which the lookup pull the
informaiton

MD2005

Vlookup

The values in question are text. There could be five exact matches for
the same Vlookup. While I acknowledge that all five answers /results
are correct, I would like to tell the formula which result of the five
I want pulled