-   -   Opens 2 files the same (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76097-opens-2-files-same.html)

Ollie

Opens 2 files the same

I have a file that automatically opens 2 identical files. All changes made to
one file automatically happens in the other. It opens Sales.xls1 and
Sales.xls2. When I close or save Sales.xls1 it automatically does it to
Sales.xls2.

Has anyone a solution to this. Its just frustrating to see 2 file open at
the same time.

Debra Dalgleish

Opens 2 files the same

You have two windows open for the same file. There are instructions in
the Excel FAQ on how to close one of the windows:

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List