-   -   Formating cells to display negative percentages in red fon... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76035-formating-cells-display-negative-percentages-red-fon.html)

Fast fred

Formating cells to display negative percentages in red fon...

How can I format cells to display negative percentages in red font?
Negative numbers can be displayed in red. Can this be done also for
percentages

davesexcel

Formating cells to display negative percentages in red fon...

The quickest way would be conditional formatting:)

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

MarkN

Formating cells to display negative percentages in red fon...

Try typing this into the Format, Cells, Custom box: 0.00%;[Red]-0.00%
Hope this helps
--
MarkN

"Fast fred" wrote:

How can I format cells to display negative percentages in red font?
Negative numbers can be displayed in red. Can this be done also for
percentages

Fast fred

Formating cells to display negative percentages in red fon...

Worked very well.
Thanks, Mark