-   -   is there any limitation on dropdown that we can create on excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/76034-there-any-limitation-dropdown-we-can-create-excel.html)

Alfredo

is there any limitation on dropdown that we can create on excel

I am using excel 2003 and we got like a very big worksheet on one file. I
just wondering if ther is any limitation on how many dropdown ( to sort
thing) menu we can create on a single file?

Thanks

davesexcel

is there any limitation on dropdown that we can create on excel

I have never heard of a limit, how large of a list were you thinking??

There could be othere options once your list gets to large

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Alfredo

is there any limitation on dropdown that we can create on exce

The file is 2.7M and its only has 10 list of dropdown on every row, and what
is that option?
thanks

"davesexcel" wrote:

I have never heard of a limit, how large of a list were you thinking??

There could be othere options once your list gets to large

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520379

davesexcel

is there any limitation on dropdown that we can create on excel

That Depends,
what are you trying to do?:confused: :)

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=520379

BigPig

is there any limitation on dropdown that we can create on exce

You could just name the range that you want to have a drop down in, and use
that in data validation.

If column A has a list of names, go to insert, names, define, type in
"Names" select the range. Then go to data validation, list, type in "=Names"

Otherwise, I agree with davesexcel, in that some clarification is needed.