-   -   Selecting a Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/75997-selecting-range.html)

SJT

Selecting a Range

Starting in cell A2 I have selected a range that continues to cell A16.
Then, I have realized I meant to include cell A1 as well. Since I started in
A2 if I attempt to extend the range I will go to A17. Without deselecting
the already selected range of A2:A16 how do I change the position of the
cursor to include A1. Thank you.

Doug Kanter

Selecting a Range

Hold down the CTRL key and click in A1. This also allows you to select
non-adjacent cells - a handy thing if you want to format a bunch of cells
all at once.

"SJT" wrote in message
Starting in cell A2 I have selected a range that continues to cell A16.
Then, I have realized I meant to include cell A1 as well. Since I started
in
A2 if I attempt to extend the range I will go to A17. Without deselecting
the already selected range of A2:A16 how do I change the position of the
cursor to include A1. Thank you.

cjax

Selecting a Range

From my experience, you don't. You just need to re-select.
If you are doing this to record a Macro, just complete it and go back and
edit the selection once you finish. If that's not an option, Good luck. Never
been in a sitation where a selection couldn't be re-done.