-   -   UNUSAL PROBLEM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/75866-unusal-problem.html)

David Harrison

UNUSAL PROBLEM

HI There

i have got a problem with inputting text into a cell. I am creating a work
program for my employees and a can not write multiple text.
i.e.

i cannot input "DOOR" it has to go in as "DOR"
Or
"ROOF" has to go in as "ROF"

Employees now making fun of me saying a cannot spell. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

David

Jan Karel Pieterse

UNUSAL PROBLEM

Hi David,

i have got a problem with inputting text into a cell. I am creating a work
program for my employees and a can not write multiple text.
i.e.

i cannot input "DOOR" it has to go in as "DOR"
Or
"ROOF" has to go in as "ROF"

Sounds as if your autocorrect list has been tampered with. Look in Tools,
"AutoCorrect Options" and see what combinations are in there. Remove the
offending ones.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

ewan7279

UNUSAL PROBLEM

Hi David,

Check your autocorrect options: Tools = Autocorrect options.

There may be an option in there that has been set to correct double letters
/ Os to single letters / Os.

Hopefully this should stop people making fun of you for not being able to
spell. Very unusal...

Ewan