-   -   Is there a list of what certain symbols mean in a formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/75788-there-list-what-certain-symbols-mean-formula.html)

natalie

Is there a list of what certain symbols mean in a formula?

For example: * is to multiply, / is to divide. I have a formula to copy into
a cell, but don't know exactly what symbols to use. The ones I need are <
with a _ under it and B1 to the 10th power. Any help out there?

B. R.Ramachandran

Is there a list of what certain symbols mean in a formula?

Hi,

<= ("<" followed by "=") for < with a _ under it.
B1^10 for B1 to the 10th power.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"natalie" wrote:

For example: * is to multiply, / is to divide. I have a formula to copy into
a cell, but don't know exactly what symbols to use. The ones I need are <
with a _ under it and B1 to the 10th power. Any help out there?

natalie

Is there a list of what certain symbols mean in a formula?

Thanks, I have 2 more for you. 80 with lb in italics after it and down half a
line; and an e in italics. Is there a certain way to do this so that the
formula works out properly? Thanks in advance.