-   -   change range for pivot table on refresh (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/75655-change-range-pivot-table-refresh.html)

Dan

change range for pivot table on refresh

Hello,

I have a pivot table which looks up a worksheet of data, who's range changes
daily (ie some days the data worksheet is 50 rows long, sometimes 500).

Is there any way to have the pivot select ALL rows of data without having to
change the data range manually every day?

Thanks very much,

Dan

Dave Peterson

change range for pivot table on refresh

Use a dynamic range that grows/contracts with your data.

See Debra Dalgeish's site for some nice tips:
http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

--

Dave Peterson

steven1001

change range for pivot table on refresh

you could also define your pivot table data as being from an external
data source .. ie the other spreadsheet which contains the data.
(second radio button in step 1 of 3 in creating the PT).
The additional rows will be automatically included without having to
define a named range.
regards..

--
steven1001