-   -   sorting rows without changing order of my values! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/75059-sorting-rows-without-changing-order-my-values.html)

roger

sorting rows without changing order of my values!

How can i sort a row of values, however without changing the order of my
values. I just want the values of 1-20 to be placed next to my text (in a
seperate row) according to which is the highest etc... such as for example:

My values: 20 - 40 - 10 - 30
Sorted sequence: 2 - 4 - 1 - 3

Dave Peterson

sorting rows without changing order of my values!

Take a look at =rank() in excel's help.

--

Dave Peterson