-   -   Getting a Function not defined in VBA editor for IsNumber() (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/74776-getting-function-not-defined-vba-editor-isnumber.html)

Dennis

Getting a Function not defined in VBA editor for IsNumber()

Using 2003

The IsNumber() function gets a Compile error in an Excel VBA project. ("Sub
or function not defined")

I have used it previously in other VBA code. The procedure is not declared
Private nor is Option Private Module in effect.

I am calling the function from my Personal.xls for evaluating a cell in a
separate worksheet.

Which DLL library is it in?

What dumb obvious error did I do? Hit me.

Thanks Dennis

Chip Pearson

Getting a Function not defined in VBA editor for IsNumber()

Dennis,

ISNUMBER is a worksheet function. IsNumeric is the VBA function
you're looking for.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dennis" wrote in message
Using 2003

The IsNumber() function gets a Compile error in an Excel VBA
project. ("Sub
or function not defined")

I have used it previously in other VBA code. The procedure is
not declared
Private nor is Option Private Module in effect.

I am calling the function from my Personal.xls for evaluating a
cell in a
separate worksheet.

Which DLL library is it in?

What dumb obvious error did I do? Hit me.

Thanks Dennis

Dennis

Getting a Function not defined in VBA editor for IsNumber()

One of these days I'll remember that! Actually, 30 sec's after sending, I
thought that but I had hit F1 in the VBA editor and thought I was reading
from the VBA help.

Thanks Chip