-   -   Can an excel spreadsheet that was saved over be restored? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/74718-can-excel-spreadsheet-saved-over-restored.html)

Chris

Can an excel spreadsheet that was saved over be restored?

I have a very important document that needs to be restored. Typically, I
edit the info and then use the "save as" button to store it as something
else. However, today I clicked "save" in the middle by accident.

Please help me!!!

Doug Kanter

"Chris" wrote in message
I have a very important document that needs to be restored. Typically, I
edit the info and then use the "save as" button to store it as something
else. However, today I clicked "save" in the middle by accident.

Please help me!!!

Start drinking now. It can't be restored. Always do your "save as" FIRST.

Please describe your daily backup routine. I'll bet a week's pay you don't
have one, but by tomorrow, you definitely will. :-)

Dominic

Can an excel spreadsheet that was saved over be restored?

Are you working on your personal machine? At work? Is this a shared drive?

If at work and on a shared drive, it's likely it can be restored from tape
or some other backup method.

If not.......have one for me. As I'm sure you're already following Doug's
suggestion.