-   -   multiple worksheet lookup? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/74704-multiple-worksheet-lookup.html)

spirosu

multiple worksheet lookup?

I have a number of worksheets for different users here at work, with a
master spreadsheet that I want their information parsed into. I'm
having trouble figuring out a function that can lookup their work based
on the "date worked on". I'm fumbling with lookups trying to lookup by
date, then input all information to the right of the "date worked on"
column into the master worksheet. Having repeating dates has proven
difficult for me to figure out. For example, spreadsheet looks similar
to the below:

"date worked on" "base number" "sales assisstant" "business area"
2/11/06 12345 Mike G
GM
2/11/06 45678 Dan E GE
2/11/06 91011 Rich L GE
2/15/06 12131 Will A
GM
2/15/06 14151 Japar O
GE
2/19/06 38592 Eric E
GM

This would be one person's worksheet out of around 40 in the same
shared workbook. Would I be able to parse this information by date,
for each person in the workbook so that all information from 2/11/06,
for each person, would show up one after the other in the master sheet?
I'm suspecting I'm going to have to brush up on marcro's and get to
know them on an intimate level. If anyone can lend me their knowledge
it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, anybody know of a good excel book/tutorial for the more
advanced functions and vba? Thanks in advance as always.

regards,
Spiro D

--
spirosu