-   -   Date - Date = x Days formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/74300-date-date-%3D-x-days-formula.html)

Ernest Lai

Date - Date = x Days formula

Good morning all,

I have a spreadsheet with a list of days. And i would like to create a
formula so it reads something like.

Today (read off the computer or manually typed in) - 31/01/06 = 28

Is this at all possible?

Ernest Lai

Date - Date = x Days formula

i have tried using the

=today() function but it doesnt seem to work as intended in the help file :/

"Ernest Lai" wrote:

Good morning all,

I have a spreadsheet with a list of days. And i would like to create a
formula so it reads something like.

Today (read off the computer or manually typed in) - 31/01/06 = 28

Is this at all possible?

Gary''s Student

Date - Date = x Days formula

Put your date in A1 and =today() in B1 and =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"d") in C1
--
Gary's Student

"Ernest Lai" wrote:

Good morning all,

I have a spreadsheet with a list of days. And i would like to create a
formula so it reads something like.

Today (read off the computer or manually typed in) - 31/01/06 = 28

Is this at all possible?

Roger Govier

Date - Date = x Days formula

Hi Ernest
=TODAY()-"31/01/06"
You need to format the cell with the formula as General, then it will
show 28.
It will probably be showing 28/01/1900, as it will have picked up a date
format.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Ernest Lai" wrote:

Good morning all,

I have a spreadsheet with a list of days. And i would like to create
formula so it reads something like.

Today (read off the computer or manually typed in) - 31/01/06 = 28

Is this at all possible?

Ernest Lai

Date - Date = x Days formula

O LOL - i really need to wake up. That was perfect thanks. I actually went
and changed the format of the cell so it would get rid of the time 00:00.

thanks a lot for the replies :D