-   -   Excel files won't open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/74272-excel-files-wont-open.html)

Mason C

Excel files won't open

I'm an old Excel user. Mine is Excel for Windows 95 version 7.0

Now I download Excel files and they won't open. I assume newer versions.

Is there a converter? I Googled with no success.

Mason C

David Biddulph

Excel files won't open

"Mason C" wrote in message
I'm an old Excel user. Mine is Excel for Windows 95 version 7.0

Now I download Excel files and they won't open. I assume newer versions.

Is there a converter? I Googled with no success.

You can get a Microsoft viewer that will read (but not edit) the newer
versions, but the easiest (free) option is to download Open Office, which
will read newer Excel files and can save them as Excel 95.
--
David Biddulph