-   -   How do I open Excel 4.0 files in Office 2000? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/741-how-do-i-open-excel-4-0-files-office-2000-a.html)

Tom_Hunn

How do I open Excel 4.0 files in Office 2000?

I have Excel files with Macros, originally saved in Ver 4.0 (Office 97). Now
running Office 2000 professional and when I try to open these files I just
get a security warning and the files won't open.

Frank Kabel

Hi
have you tried setting the security level to 'Medium' ('Tools - Macros -
Protection')