-   -   How do I copy information and skip hidden cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/73631-how-do-i-copy-information-skip-hidden-cells.html)

unfrgvn82

How do I copy information and skip hidden cells?

Just looking for some help to copy visible information from one page to
another without including hidden information. Example: Copy rows 1-10
excluding 7,8 which are hidden.

Dave Peterson

How do I copy information and skip hidden cells?

Select the range
edit|goto|special|visible cells only
edit|copy
off to the other sheet
edit|paste

If you have formulas that you want to keep, I think you'll have to copy|paste
each visible area separately.

--

Dave Peterson

MarkN

How do I copy information and skip hidden cells?

Try highlighting the area and using Ctrl ; (the keyboard shortcut to select
visible cells only). Copy and paste as normal and you should just get the
visible cells.
--
Thanks,
MarkN

"unfrgvn82" wrote:

Just looking for some help to copy visible information from one page to
another without including hidden information. Example: Copy rows 1-10
excluding 7,8 which are hidden.

MarkN

How do I copy information and skip hidden cells?

Sorry, I need to correct my first post - the keyboard shortcut should read
Alt ;
--
Thanks,
MarkN