-   -   Change format of all comments in an Excel worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/73589-change-format-all-comments-excel-worksheet.html)

Eric Armstrong

Change format of all comments in an Excel worksheet

I'd like to change the formatting of all comments in an Excel worksheet. The
help menu only tells how to format individual comments. Does anyone know a
simple way to do this? (Using format painter might be an option if there are
only a few comments, but I don't think it would work very well when more than
100 cells have comments.)
Thanks for any help on this.

Dave Peterson

Change format of all comments in an Excel worksheet

Depending on what you're doing, you may be able to loop through each comment and
change the formats.

I'd record a macro when I did one alteration, then try to generalize it to do
all the comments.

Debra Dalgleish has lots of sample code for working with comments:
http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html

--

Dave Peterson