-   -   worksheet references (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/73484-worksheet-references.html)

dave glynn

worksheet references

I have 32 workbooks each containing 24 worksheets. I need to call up data
from the second sheet in each workbook, each of these sheets has a different
name from the others. Is there any way that I can call up the data without
having to give each of the 32 different names, in all cases the worksheet is
the second sheet in each workbook.

Thanks

Dave Glynn

bigwheel

worksheet references

Sheets within a workbook can be reference by their index number i.e.
Sheets(2) but I can't see a way of letting the system know anything about the
workbook names, unless they were all sequentially named like wb01.xls,
wb02.xls etc. Then it would be feasible to create a loop and open each in
turn to extract the data