Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jesmin

Default How to avoid this Alert screen

Hi Friends:
I have a workbook(say "myprog.xls") with 4 sheets--val1,rpt1,val2,rpt2.

Manually(not in VB module)I copied data from val1 and paste them with
Link in rpt1. So data in rpt1 has reference to val1. Similarly, in rpt2
I copied and link data from val2.
Now at the end I did SaveAs with the 2 sheets--rpt1 and rpt2 and
created a new workbook named "Totalrpt" which has only 2
sheets--rpt1,rpt2.
Now each time, I am running my main program "myprog.xls" its perfectly
creating my new workbook "Totalrpt". But when I am going to OPEN this
Totalrpt manually(say by double clicking) its opening an alert screen.
This alert screen asking to Update or not to Update the excel file.
and saying that this file has reference to another workbook.

I dont want to see this alert screen. Each time I will open "Totalrpt"
it will automatically have the latest data and will not prompt me to
Update or not. This is for the user and user will only open the latest
data without any vb code and without any alert screen.

How can I do it in VB.

My SaveAs code:
set ns = Thisworkbook.range(array("rpt1","rpt2")
ns.copy
with ns
.parent.SaveAs filename "Totalrpt.xls" Fileformat:=xlnormal
end with
Thanks anyone

--
jesmin