-   -   Ignore a cell used in a formula if it contains a negative value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/72583-ignore-cell-used-formula-if-contains-negative-value.html)

Donald Thomas

Ignore a cell used in a formula if it contains a negative value

I am trying to create a simple formula...=(F40*F28)+F30

F30 is a calculated cell. Sometimes it may contain a negative value. When
F30 does contain a negative value I want the formula I am trying to create to
ignor it or use a zero.

Thanks for your help,

Donald Thomas

Peo Sjoblom

Ignore a cell used in a formula if it contains a negative value

One way

=(F40*F28)+MAX(F30,0)

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

Portland, Oregon

"Donald Thomas" <Donald wrote in message
I am trying to create a simple formula...=(F40*F28)+F30

F30 is a calculated cell. Sometimes it may contain a negative value.
When
F30 does contain a negative value I want the formula I am trying to create
ignor it or use a zero.

Thanks for your help,

Donald Thomas

Donald Thomas

Ignore a cell used in a formula if it contains a negative valu

Peo Sjoblom,

That was FAST and it worked!

Thank you very much,

Donald