-   -   How do I Fill a column with dates (for 3 years of daily data) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/72562-how-do-i-fill-column-dates-3-years-daily-data.html)

Apple_pi

How do I Fill a column with dates (for 3 years of daily data)

I am trying to make a graph and have daily data for a period of 3 years and
then weekly for an additional year and a half. I want to be able to tell it
start on "THIS DAY" and end on "THAT DAY" and it puts the dates in
automatically. Right now I am trying to type them by hand and with over
1000 days that's goint to take me forever.

Peo Sjoblom

How do I Fill a column with dates (for 3 years of daily data)

One way, put start date in A2, assume you put 01/01/01 (US date format thus
Jan 1 2001)

=TEXT(DATE(YEAR(A2)+3,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2))-A2,"General")

will give you number of days (1095)

In the name box type A2:A1096
press enter, do editfillseries, select day and 1 as step value and press
enter
last cell will show 12/31/03

or just grab the fill handle of A2 and copy down

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

Portland, Oregon