-   -   FFT calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/72455-fft-calculation.html)

ArtZ

FFT calculation

Hi,

I've been using the FFT analysis tool in Excel but find that it's
clunky because the FFT calculation is not "live".

Could someone either post the Excel code for an FFT and inverse FFT or
point me in the direction of where I can find the code?

I've spent a fair amount of time Google searching but can't find a
worksheet which calculates an FFT and inverse FFT from scratch, only
can find worksheet examples using the Analysis Toolpak FFT.

Thanks,

Art

--
ArtZ
ArtZ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30226

Leith Ross

FFT calculation

Hello Art,

Not sure what you mean by "live". Are you looking to use this on Real
Time Data (RTD)? There are "C" DLL libraries available if you want FFTs
with faster execution times. You could also look into purchasing a
specialized math program as well. Not likely you will find a Fast
Fourier Transform written using Excel worksheet functions and/or VBA,
unless the programmer was doing it for a math class, a masochist, or
insane, since it is already available in the Analysis ToolPak.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross