Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Woodward

Default importing into Excell 2000

Thanks

"Kevin B" wrote:

Just go to file open, change the file type to text and the import wizard
should start from there. You can than indicate which row to start the
import, what the delimiter is, what columns to import and what data type each
column contains. Excel uses the first row of data to determine the data
type, so this is not always correct.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Doug Woodward" wrote:

I have excell 2000 the instructions tel me to import a text file to go to
tools and look for an "Import" option. my excell has no import option.

How do I import a comma deliniated text file into Excell and have it enter
each deliniated area into a respective row A B C etc