-   -   Conditional Drop Down List (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/72084-conditional-drop-down-list.html)

Bogo

Conditional Drop Down List

Is it possible to create a conditional drop down list in Excel.

For example, in cell A1, I have created a drop down list for Sales
Representative. In cell A2, based conditionally on what sales rep was
chsoen from the drop down list in cell A1, I want another drop down
list for Customer. Depending on the Sales Rep chosen in cell A1, the
drop down list in cell A2 will vary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bogo

--
Bogo
Bogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31634

L. Howard Kittle

Conditional Drop Down List

Hi Bogo,

Take a look here. If you can't make it work for you, send me an e-mail and
I will send you a workbook with an example set up for you.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Bogo" wrote in message

Is it possible to create a conditional drop down list in Excel.

For example, in cell A1, I have created a drop down list for Sales
Representative. In cell A2, based conditionally on what sales rep was
chsoen from the drop down list in cell A1, I want another drop down
list for Customer. Depending on the Sales Rep chosen in cell A1, the
drop down list in cell A2 will vary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bogo

--
Bogo
Bogo's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=513267

Xhawk57

Conditional Drop Down List

if you are starting with a database highlight all and use DataFilterAuto
filter
click on any of the arrows to sort the data by category.