-   -   SEeing if a number in one column is in another column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/72060-seeing-if-number-one-column-another-column.html)

Ricki Miles

SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

I am working in Excel 2003. I have two columns of numbers (ID numbers for
employees of 6 digits each). If a number appears in column A (there are no
duplicates of this number in column A), the number must NOT appear in column
B. Is there any way, besides VBA, to check if a number appearing in column
A is also listed in Column B?

Thanks,

Ricki

Narianna

SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

Hey *smiles* Hope this helps...
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...289521033.aspx Good luck!

"Ricki Miles" wrote:

I am working in Excel 2003. I have two columns of numbers (ID numbers for
employees of 6 digits each). If a number appears in column A (there are no
duplicates of this number in column A), the number must NOT appear in column
B. Is there any way, besides VBA, to check if a number appearing in column
A is also listed in Column B?

Thanks,

Ricki

L. Howard Kittle

SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

Hi Ricki,

Put this formula in C1 and fill down. The cells will be blank or have a
number in them. These are duplicates.

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$5,B1)0,B1,"")

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Ricki Miles" wrote in message
I am working in Excel 2003. I have two columns of numbers (ID numbers for
employees of 6 digits each). If a number appears in column A (there are
no
duplicates of this number in column A), the number must NOT appear in
column
B. Is there any way, besides VBA, to check if a number appearing in
column
A is also listed in Column B?

Thanks,

Ricki

Ricki Miles

SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

Thanks for the information.

"Ricki Miles" wrote:

I am working in Excel 2003. I have two columns of numbers (ID numbers

for
employees of 6 digits each). If a number appears in column A (there are

no
duplicates of this number in column A), the number must NOT appear in

column
B. Is there any way, besides VBA, to check if a number appearing in

column
A is also listed in Column B?

Thanks,

Ricki

Ricki Miles

SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

It worked perfectly. Thanks again.

. ..