Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ElaineAng

Default I cant open files unless I open the Excel program first

I cant open up my excel files by clicking on them. I have to open up the
excel program and then look for my files to open
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
George

Sounds like registry trouble
I'm sure I've seen something like this before and
I'm sure someone here knows how to repair this.

But as a last resort goto add/remove programs
Select change from the MS Office and choose repair.

That's suppose to fix broken registry settings etc.

George

ElaineAng wrote:
I cant open up my excel files by clicking on them. I have to open up the
excel program and then look for my files to open

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wjohnson

Right click on any EXCEL file icon on your desktop and then select
propeties - and read the screen - it will tell you what program is
registered to OPEN the file - if it is not EXCEL - then select CHANGE
and select EXCEL from the list.

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29640

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then