-   -   formating text cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/719-formating-text-cells.html)

Cathyinliberty

formating text cells

I need to format a text cell using bullets similiar to Word's bullets and
numbering? Any idea on how to do that? Can Excell automatically generate
the bullet?

tjtjjtjt

Excel doesn't support this the way Word does. I'd use Word, if at all possible.
One alternative in Excel:
If you put the text of the bullet point in B1, put this in A1 to generate a
"bullet":
=IF(B1<"",CHAR(149),"")
Copy this down as far as needed.

You will likely want to use Align Right on Column A as well. Not a bad idea
to adjust the width of Column A, either.

tj

"Cathyinliberty" wrote:

I need to format a text cell using bullets similiar to Word's bullets and
numbering? Any idea on how to do that? Can Excell automatically generate
the bullet?

Frank Kabel

Hi
no :-)
Excel just is a spreadsheet and not a word processor ;-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Cathyinliberty" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
I need to format a text cell using bullets similiar to Word's bullets

and
numbering? Any idea on how to do that? Can Excell automatically

generate
the bullet?

Gord Dibben

Cathlyn

FormatCellsNumberCustom

Hold down ALT key and type 0149(from numpad) then a space then @

Returns • Cathlyn or • Gord

Whatever text is typed in gets a bullet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP