-   -   auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highlight ce (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/71872-auto-sum-lower-right-corner-does-not-appear-when-i-highlight-ce.html)

frustrated financial person

auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highlight ce

The lower right corner of my screen used to show the total of the cells that
I highlighted on my spreadsheet. Now that no longer appears. How do I get
it back?

gjcase

auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highlight ce

Right-click the bar in the lower rh corner where the sum used to appear
(actually you can click anywhere to the right of the "Ready"). Select
SUM from the drp-down list. Note you have several other options to
choose from.

---Glenn

--
gjcase
gjcase's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26061

Karly Wai

auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highligh

I had the same problem as the frustrated financial person but the ready bar
has disappeared on my excel sheet as well. I cant seem to raise it using the
arrow. What can I do to get auto sum back?

"gjcase" wrote:

Right-click the bar in the lower rh corner where the sum used to appear
(actually you can click anywhere to the right of the "Ready"). Select
SUM from the drp-down list. Note you have several other options to
choose from.

---Glenn

--
gjcase
gjcase's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26061
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512840

Dave Peterson

auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highligh

Make sure that the statusbar is visible
tools|Options|view tab|check statusbar

And then select at least two cells with numbers in them.

Do you see the sum?

If you see some other function, then rightclick on that statusbar and choose
Sum.

"gjcase" wrote:

Right-click the bar in the lower rh corner where the sum used to appear
(actually you can click anywhere to the right of the "Ready"). Select
SUM from the drp-down list. Note you have several other options to
choose from.

---Glenn

--
gjcase
gjcase's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26061
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512840

--

Dave Peterson

Brian

auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highligh

Is there a way to make the sum number on the status bar bigger or is there a
function that will give the sum of highlighted cells in another cell?

Gord Dibben

auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highligh

You cannot make the sum number on the status bar larger without changing
your display appearance or theme in Windows settings.

Try either of these macros to sum the selection.

Sub Sum_Range()
Set rng = Selection
Set rng1 = rng.Offset(rng.Rows.Count, 0).Resize(1, 1)
rng1.Formula = "=Sum(" & rng.Address & ")"
End Sub

Sub Sum_Range22()
Set rng = Selection
MsgBox WorksheetFunction.Sum(rng)