Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ernie

Default Delete values from cell automatically

How can i delete values from different cells on a worksheet by using a cell
with a drop down list, on another worksheet, with different codes. for
example if i enter C400 in a cell from worksheet1, it will delete values from
multiple cells in worksheet2
Is there anyway to get it to work?

thanks in Advance.
--
help a friend help you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You could use a macro, but I think you'll have to share more info.

But could you use a formula in sheet2?

=if(sheet1!a1="C400","",yourotherformulahere)

ernie wrote:

How can i delete values from different cells on a worksheet by using a cell
with a drop down list, on another worksheet, with different codes. for
example if i enter C400 in a cell from worksheet1, it will delete values from
multiple cells in worksheet2
Is there anyway to get it to work?

thanks in Advance.
--
help a friend help you

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ernie

Ok heres the situation:
in cell G27, on worksheet 'Front', contains the cpc codes, example C400, i
need to make cell J31 0% if cell G27 contains C401, if cell G27 contains C400
then cell J31 should remain as is (with the original formula, which is
=+Declaration!$H$5).

Another example is if cell G27 contains S702 then cells J31 and J34 should
be 0%.
--
help a friend help you

ernie wrote:

How can i delete values from different cells on a worksheet by using a cell
with a drop down list, on another worksheet, with different codes. for
example if i enter C400 in a cell from worksheet1, it will delete values from
multiple cells in worksheet2
Is there anyway to get it to work?

thanks in Advance.
--
help a friend help you

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I would use a table with all the possible values to get J31.

then in J31

=vlookup(front!g27,sheet99!a:b,2,false)

I'm not sure how the other stuff fits in.

ernie wrote:

How can i delete values from different cells on a worksheet by using a cell
with a drop down list, on another worksheet, with different codes. for
example if i enter C400 in a cell from worksheet1, it will delete values from
multiple cells in worksheet2
Is there anyway to get it to work?

thanks in Advance.
--
help a friend help you

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ernie

Please explain this i donot fully understand.
--
help a friend help you

ernie wrote:

How can i delete values from different cells on a worksheet by using a cell
with a drop down list, on another worksheet, with different codes. for
example if i enter C400 in a cell from worksheet1, it will delete values from
multiple cells in worksheet2
Is there anyway to get it to work?

thanks in Advance.
--
help a friend help you

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I would use a table to retrieve the value associated with the thing you put in
G27 of the Front worksheet.

You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:

If that doesn't help, be more specific with what you tried and what didn't work.