-   -   Copy column of cells to a single cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/71379-copy-column-cells-single-cell.html)

nastech

Copy column of cells to a single cell?

Hi, is there a formula or script for copying a column / selected range cells
that have one word in each cell, to a single cell.
Once in the cell, looking for separation between words with spaces, and to
sort as listed, or alphabetically. Thanks.

Don Guillett

Copy column of cells to a single cell?

here is an idea from a getstockquotes program of mine

x = Sheets(1).Range("a" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For Each c In Sheets(1).Range(Cells(5, 1), Cells(x, 1))
symbols = symbols & "+" & c

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"nastech" wrote in message
Hi, is there a formula or script for copying a column / selected range
cells
that have one word in each cell, to a single cell.
Once in the cell, looking for separation between words with spaces, and to
sort as listed, or alphabetically. Thanks.

nastech

Copy column of cells to a single cell?

Hi, thanks, is that something I can just paste (where) into a code tab for
that sheet?
was looking at someones idea concatenate, but don't know if that will work.
especially if this is wrong?:
=CONCATENATE(V373:V376) probably won't work right?, anyways, if for code
where / would I be able to place in what using for a date code?: thanks

Option Explicit
With Target
If .Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Row < 91 Then Exit Sub
If Me.Cells(.Row, "A").Value = "." Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Me.Range("AY:AZ"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Me.Cells(.Row, "BD")
.NumberFormat = "dd"
.Value = Now
End With
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End With
End Sub

------------------

"nastech" wrote in message
Hi, is there a formula or script for copying a column / selected range
cells
that have one word in each cell, to a single cell.
Once in the cell, looking for separation between words with spaces, and to
sort as listed, or alphabetically. Thanks.

Don Guillett

Copy column of cells to a single cell?

I'm not exactly sure of what you want the final outcome to be?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"nastech" wrote in message
Hi, is there a formula or script for copying a column / selected range
cells
that have one word in each cell, to a single cell.
Once in the cell, looking for separation between words with spaces, and
sort as listed, or alphabetically. Thanks.

nastech

Copy column of cells to a single cell?

ha:) guesse because not sure what i'm doing either, don't know if that is
code that can enter as perm use... or if shouldn't mix code etc.. was just
looking for a utility to keep from having to type dozens+ symbols into a
single cell, with spaces inbetween to have ready for a different screener,
elsewhere. results will look like:

any cell: mst mso abc xyz etc.... thanks

"nastech" wrote in message
Hi, is there a formula or script for copying a column / selected range
cells
that have one word in each cell, to a single cell.
Once in the cell, looking for separation between words with spaces, and
sort as listed, or alphabetically. Thanks.

Don Guillett

Copy column of cells to a single cell?

Well, that's what I gave you without any additional code. Just modify to
suit.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"nastech" wrote in message
Hi, is there a formula or script for copying a column / selected
range
cells
that have one word in each cell, to a single cell.
Once in the cell, looking for separation between words with spaces,
and
sort as listed, or alphabetically. Thanks.

nastech

Copy column of cells to a single cell?

hi, back online, sorry did not know.. don't know code. guesse wasn't sure
what was to do with it / how worked maybe, the to & from, or how to make it
work, etc. anyways will give it a shot. got the outcome part maybe, but as
far as input... do I select a range somewhere, or a column.., not sure if you
hit go (??) or if you apply it then delete it.. too many questions, but don't
know where to start, thanks.

"nastech" wrote in message
Hi, is there a formula or script for copying a column / selected
range
cells
that have one word in each cell, to a single cell.
Once in the cell, looking for separation between words with spaces,
and
sort as listed, or alphabetically. Thanks.

Don Guillett

Copy column of cells to a single cell?

I will be out of town most of today but if you want send a workbook to my
personal address along with detailed explanation of exactly what you want
done. I will take a look.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software