-   -   Sum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/71355-sum.html)

chip_pyp

Sum

Is there a way i can count the number of cells in a particular column that
have text? Right now, for example, I have B4 - B32 that have a name in them,
what i was trying to do is sum that up on B33 so the value in B33 would be x
number of cells that have text...if that makes any sense

Chip Pearson

Sum

The COUNTA function will give you the number of cells that are
either numbers or character text.

=COUNTA(A1:A10)

If you want to count only those cells with character text, and
not count numbers, use

=COUNTA(A1:A10)-COUNT(A1:A10)

--
Cordially,