-   -   Copy and Paste in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/71181-copy-paste-excel.html)

SFOLEY

Copy and Paste in Excel

All of a sudden I can't copy rows of cells and paste them into another excel
file....why is this? I've been copying rows and then opening up another excel
file, clicking on the first cell and pasting.....worked fine all day and now
it will not let me.....any suggestions? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Stephen

Dave Peterson

Copy and Paste in Excel

What happens when you try?

I'm gonna guess that you have two instances of excel open and you're trying to
copy|paste between instances.

Try closing one of the workbooks, then use the other instance of excel to do
File|Open.

Then try the copy|paste.

If this isn't close, you'll want to post more details.

--

Dave Peterson