-   -   formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/71073-formula.html)

runout

formula?

I use ms Excel for my invoices. I service about 10 different zip codes. I
want to be able to enter the zip code in one field and have excell
automatically insert the corasponding city name in the designated field.
What is the formula for that? Thanks.

rsenn

formula?

Use VLOOKUP. Create your list of zip codes and cities on a tab used for
just that list.

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29050

vezerid

formula?

Use a sheet for this purpose, rename it to, say, ZIPCITY.
Column A:A contains your zips. Column B:B contains the corresponding
city.

Back in your invoice sheet, assume zip is in D2. Use:

=VLOOKUP(D2, ZIPCITY!A:B, 2, 0)

HTH
Kostis Vezerides