-   -   comapre two lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/707-comapre-two-lists.html)

mansure

comapre two lists

Hi
once i did this, but now i've forgotten the formula.
I want to comapre two lists, I want to use a conditional formatting, so that
those cells that their contents doesn't exist in the other list would be
marked in color gray.
if anyone can help please! last time I remeber I used the function countif().
thanks a lot.
Mansure

Frank Kabel

Hi
if your lists are in A1:A100 and B1:B100 try:
- select A1:A100
- goto the conditional format dialog
- enter the formula
=COUNTIF($B$1:$B$100,A1)=0
- choose your format

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"mansure" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi
once i did this, but now i've forgotten the formula.
I want to comapre two lists, I want to use a conditional formatting,

so that
those cells that their contents doesn't exist in the other list would

be
marked in color gray.
if anyone can help please! last time I remeber I used the function

countif().
thanks a lot.
Mansure

mansure