-   -   randbetween function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/70693-randbetween-function.html)

Tracey

randbetween function

Hello, I have several files which use the randbetween function. I just
got a new machine and therefore a new install of the MS office
applications and excel doesn't seem to recognize the randbetween
function at all. I have the macros set to low and I have the add-ins
installed. Is this an obsolete function or something? I searched the
help for an alternative and it still has randbetween in there...
Help would be greatly appreciated,
Tracey

--
Tracey
Tracey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1499

Niek Otten

randbetween function

This is an Analysis Toolpak function.
ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Tracey" wrote in
message ...

Hello, I have several files which use the randbetween function. I just
got a new machine and therefore a new install of the MS office
applications and excel doesn't seem to recognize the randbetween
function at all. I have the macros set to low and I have the add-ins
installed. Is this an obsolete function or something? I searched the
help for an alternative and it still has randbetween in there...
Help would be greatly appreciated,
Tracey

--
Tracey
Tracey's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510817

Tracey

randbetween function

The ATP is already installed, sorry that's what I meant when I said
add-ins are installed. That is why I am perplexed about
this...randbetween should work with once the ATP is installed and I've
rebooted too.
Anyone???

--
Tracey
Tracey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1499
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510817

Niek Otten

randbetween function

So what's your formula and what result do you get?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Tracey" wrote in
message ...

The ATP is already installed, sorry that's what I meant when I said
add-ins are installed. That is why I am perplexed about
this...randbetween should work with once the ATP is installed and I've
rebooted too.
Anyone???

--
Tracey
Tracey's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510817

daddylonglegs

randbetween function

Randbetween is certainly not an obsolete function, I'm using it in Excel
2003.

Can you use any other Analysis ToolPak functions,

ISEVEN
EDATE
etc.?

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

If you can't get it to work you can always use RAND() to replicate
RANDBETWEEN, e.g.

=RANDBETWEEN(1,10) is the same as

=INT(RAND()*10)+1

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Jay Somerset

randbetween function

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:34:21 -0600, Tracey
wrote:

Hello, I have several files which use the randbetween function. I just
got a new machine and therefore a new install of the MS office
applications and excel doesn't seem to recognize the randbetween
function at all. I have the macros set to low and I have the add-ins
installed. Is this an obsolete function or something? I searched the
help for an alternative and it still has randbetween in there...
Help would be greatly appreciated,
Tracey

RANDBETWEEN requires that the Analysis Toolpack addin be available. Go to
Tools|Addins and check its box.

--
Jay.
(remove dashes for legal email address)