-   -   Weighted Averages in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/70525-weighted-averages-excel.html)

Karl

Weighted Averages in Excel

Hi,

I have four numbers in excel, each in a different cell. I need a fifth cell
to show the average of the first four.

No problem normally, but I need to give each figure a different weighting.
So figures 1 & 2 must each be worth 17% of the average, figures 3 and 4 must
each be worth 33% of the average.

Can anyone tell me what formula I need to achieve this?

Thanks

Karl

Bob Umlas

Weighted Averages in Excel

=17%*(A1+B1)+33%*(C1+D1)

"Karl" wrote in message

I have four numbers in excel, each in a different cell. I need a fifth
cell
to show the average of the first four.

No problem normally, but I need to give each figure a different weighting.
So figures 1 & 2 must each be worth 17% of the average, figures 3 and 4
must
each be worth 33% of the average.

Can anyone tell me what formula I need to achieve this?

Thanks

Karl

Karl

Weighted Averages in Excel