-   -   Use IF to change value in a different cell when TRUE (or FALSE)? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/70411-use-if-change-value-different-cell-when-true-false.html)

Ricter

Use IF to change value in a different cell when TRUE (or FALSE)?

I'd like to do the following:

=IF(A1=10, B1="Right", "Left")

If not IF, then how?

Thanks.

bpeltzer

Use IF to change value in a different cell when TRUE (or FALSE)?

Formula results show up in the cell where the formula is located. BUT, they
can (and usually do) take other cells as inputs.
So put the formula in cell B1 (where you want the result):
=if(a1=10,"Right","Left")

"Ricter" wrote:

I'd like to do the following:

=IF(A1=10, B1="Right", "Left")

If not IF, then how?

Thanks.

Ricter

Use IF to change value in a different cell when TRUE (or FALSE

Well, unfortunately, if I put the formula in B1, then I'll want it to change
the value of cell C1 if A1=x...

Sounds like it can't be done, at least not with IF.

"bpeltzer" wrote:

Formula results show up in the cell where the formula is located. BUT, they
can (and usually do) take other cells as inputs.
So put the formula in cell B1 (where you want the result):
=if(a1=10,"Right","Left")

"Ricter" wrote:

I'd like to do the following:

=IF(A1=10, B1="Right", "Left")