-   -   Finding the Largest Number, based on two criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/70390-finding-largest-number-based-two-criteria.html)

BigH

Finding the Largest Number, based on two criteria

Hi there,

Hopefully someone can help, I need to find the largest number in a column.
i.e

column A has region names North, South, East and West
all the way down to row 100
column B has numbers all the way down to row 100

what I am wanting is a formula that can tell me the highest number North,
South, East and West have in column B

tia BigH

Bob Phillips

Finding the Largest Number, based on two criteria

=MAX(IF(A1:A100="West",B1:B100)

etc.

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips