-   -   Formula for duplicate entries? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/70376-formula-duplicate-entries.html)

JENNYC

Formula for duplicate entries?

Hi! i am in need of the formula(s) i would use to make the following
worksheet happen, hope one of y'all can help me!...i think this is an
easy one!!?? :)

Column A has check boxes (from the "forms" toolbar)
Column B has last names....anywhere from hundreds to thousands of them

duplicates are ok, i just want the box checked when a duplicate last
name is entered so we are aware of it

I am setting up the worksheet to automatically check the box in column
A if there is a duplicate name in B1:b1000. I know how to set the
checkbox to link to the formula to make that happen....just don't know
what that formula/formulas should be!!?? Does anyone follow me & know
what i should use!!??

thanks much!

--
JENNYC

[...]