-   -   Are drop-down menus that allow 1 entry per cell possible? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/70305-drop-down-menus-allow-1-entry-per-cell-possible.html)

creativeops

Are drop-down menus that allow 1 entry per cell possible?

Oh mighty Oracle:
I have an document that a slew of users make local copies of and input data,
which is then uploaded to an intranet app. The syntax on the data has to be
perfect or it won't upload, and the data's syntax is apparently complex &
hard to get right.

So, I made drop-down selection menus, including cross-referenced ones so
that, for example, when they pick a topic they can only choose from the
correct sub-topics. But, for sub-topics, and a couple of other columns, they
can enter more than one value, which have to be separated by ; with no
spaces. I can't figure out a way to make it possible to use the drop-down
menu to enter more than one selection for the same cell. Of course, I could
make every possible combo of choices, but with over 50 sub-topics, you can
see that would be quite a task.

Thank you, dear Oracle, for your wisdom!
Ross

exceluserforeman

Are drop-down menus that allow 1 entry per cell possible?

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

"creativeops" wrote:

[...]

Hm...I guess I don't really get it, do you talk about drop-down menus in
there somewhere??