-   -   How do I compare 2 documents? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/70129-how-do-i-compare-2-documents.html)

Excelling in Tampa

How do I compare 2 documents?

I need to compare two excel spreedsheets with information. I want to contrast
the information that was the difference between the two. They are not
numbers. They are names added to a list. I want to see the newly added names.

Dave Peterson

How do I compare 2 documents?

Chip Pearson has some techniques at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

And if the name isn't marked as a duplicate, then it's new.

--

Dave Peterson