-   -   E-mailing a Protected Worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/70120-e-mailing-protected-worksheet.html)

Gabe

E-mailing a Protected Worksheet

I just e-mailed a password protected worksheet through excel to myself.
(FileSend ToMail Recipient (as Attachment)...). So I open the e-mail
through outlook and then open the excel file that was attached. Why is it
that I can unprotect the worksheet without being prompted for a password?
Shouldn't it prompt me for a password if I'm trying to unprotect the
worksheet?

Anne Troy

E-mailing a Protected Worksheet

Only if you gave it a password when you protected it.
I would say you should test it again, Gabe. :)
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!