-   -   Pivot Table - Group by Month - Show Items with no data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/700-pivot-table-group-month-show-items-no-data.html)

Dan Reynolds

Pivot Table - Group by Month - Show Items with no data

Greetings

My data is in financial year, July to June. The date field is in the format
DD/MM/YYYY which is in the column area of the pivot table. I have this
grouped by month and year, so it displays Jul-Dec 2003, followed by Jan-Jun
2004.

Some items in the "Row" area of the table do not have entries for all 12
months, but I still want to display the month for that item (with no data).
In the "field settings" of month I have selected "show items with no data".
Unfortunately this then displays Jan-Jun for 2003 and Jul-Dec for 2004, all
blank because those dates are not in the financial year I am reporting on -
and I don't want to see those months at all.

how can I just show 03/04 months (even if there is no data in them) and not
02/03 or 04/05 months?

thanks in advance

Dan