-   -   URGENT !! Auto Filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/69888-urgent-auto-filter.html)

Nirakar

URGENT !! Auto Filter

I have an excel from someone. I applied auto filter, but I am not able to see
the filter in the spread sheet. I am not sure if there is any special
protection the work sheet that prohibits use of a filter. Please help. It's
very urgent.

gjcase

URGENT !! Auto Filter

If the sheet is protected, it may be locked to prevent users from using
autofilter. Use Tools/Protection/Unprotect Sheet. If Unprotect is an
option, you should be good. If there is a password and you cannoot
obtain it from the person who sent it to you, you can select all data
on the sheet and copy it to a new workbook where you can filter the
data. Alternatively, there are password cracking utilities available.

---Glenn

--
gjcase
gjcase's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26061