-   -   maximum calculations per excel workbook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/69887-maximum-calculations-per-excel-workbook.html)

RichardZ

maximum calculations per excel workbook?

I am wondering what the maximum number of calculation that excel can make per
workbook? Where do I look to see current number of calculations?

Gary L Brown

maximum calculations per excel workbook?

All depends on memory

One worksheet within a workbook has 16,777,216 cells and can therefore
theoretically have 16,777,216 formulas (depending on memory).
One workbook can have as many worksheets as you want.

To get the number of cells in a worksheet, the following VBA will give you
the total formulas in the active worksheet...

application.Range("A1:IV65536").SpecialCells(xlCel lTypeFormulas).Count

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.