-   -   conditional formatting: problem entering EOMONTH formula... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/69846-re-conditional-formatting-problem-entering-eomonth-formula.html)

Jonathan Cooper

conditional formatting: problem entering EOMONTH formula...

btw, I learned that one from Chip.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTi...tm#DaysInMonth

"Jonathan Cooper" wrote:

My guess is that the problem is becuase the EOMONTH formula is part of the
analysis tool pack.

I worked around it with the following conditional format formula in F14

=IF(DATE(YEAR(L3),MONTH(L3)+1,0)=F14,TRUE,FALSE)

"MeatLightning" wrote:

Hey all -
I'm trying to use the following formula to conditionally format a cell:

=EOMONTH(F14,0)=L3

I basically have a cell in my sheet with "TODAY()" then I have series of
cells (headers for columns G thru AH) that create a timeline based on today's
date using the "EOMONTH" function / formula. For example: Cell "G3" has
"=EOMONTH(A3,-3)", Cell H3 has "=EOMONTH(A3,-2)" etc.

I then have a series of tasks in column A. Each with an end date entered as
"m/dd/yy". I'd like to indicate when a given task is due by formatting the
background color of the appropriate cell.

When I enter =EOMONTH(F14,0)=L3 as the conditional formatting formula, I get
an error message saying "You may not use references to other worksheets or
workbooks for Conditional Formatting criteria."

Any help you could send my way would be much appreicated!

MeatLightning

conditional formatting: problem entering EOMONTH formula...

cool thanks!