-   -   Excel 2003 Database Driver Visual FoxPro 7 on Server 2003. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/698-re-excel-2003-database-driver-visual-foxpro-7-server-2003-a.html)

Cindy Winegarden

Excel 2003 Database Driver Visual FoxPro 7 on Server 2003.

Hi SmithJones,

You can get the latest FoxPro and Visual FoxPro ODBC drivers and OLE DB data
provider from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/do...s/default.aspx. The driver
installed with Windows 2000 (but not with XP or Server 2003) which is why
you were ok on your Win2K machine.

www.cindywinegarden.com

"smithjones" wrote in message
I have Excell 2003 (office 2003 Enterprise Edition) installed on Server
2003.
However when I tried to get external data from a database and use the
Foxpro
ODBC driver, it tells me to go to the microsoft web site to install it,
howerver the microsoft web site does not have a driver to install for
Server
2003.

I had Office 2002 with the same problem, when I try to get external data,
the Foxpro driver does not show up.

In Control panel/Administrative tools, the ODBC list of drivers does show
the FoxPro database, when I try to use it, it tells me to get the driver
from
the microsoft web site.

How do I use this. I am able to use this on Windows 2000 prof, excel 200
with no problem.

Thanks.